Research & Development Projects- Successfully Completed
- Screening and purification of plant extracts used in Unani system of medicine against microbial flora of oral cavity: antimicrobial and anti cariogenic activity. CCRUM, Government of India, worth of Rs 18 lakh 2008-2010.
- Proteomics of influenza virus H5N1. DBT worth of Rs 17.5 lakh (2007-2010).
- Genetic and Biochemical studies of Transcription Factors Saccharomyces cerevisiae” CSIR, New Delhi worth of Rs 13,00000.00/- (2005-2007) (Terminated successfully).
- Studies on Drug resistance in infectious diseases AMU, Minor Research project of UGC, D.no 4602. bt, worth of Rs 350000.00/- (2004) (Terminated successfully).
- Molecular Biology studies on the deadly H5N1 virus (Indian isolate) and development of a sensitive fluorescence based assay for accurate detection and mapping of the H5N1 virus and its subtypes. DBT worth of Rs 65 lakh. (2006-2009)
- Screening and purification of herbal extartct against dental caries., DST, worth of Rs 10.5 Lakh (2007-2010).
- Studies on Multi-drug resistant clinical isolates of Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae with special reference to extended-spectrum β-lactamases, AmpC and CTX enzymes to determine the possible mechanism(s) of drug resistance. DBT, Government of India worth of Rs. 39 lakh. 2009-2012.
- Screening and characterization of antimicrobial and anti-cariogenic compounds from medicinal plants: a putative drug against dental caries ICMR, New Delhi Rs 27 Lakh 2010-2013.
- Designing inhibitors against betalactamases :Putative drug candidates against drug resistant bacterial strains of infectious diseases’’ DBT, New Delhi Rs. 36.2 lakhs 2010-2013.
Research & Development Projects - In Progress
- Boost to University Interdisciplinary Life science Departments for Education and Research (BUILDER) programme (Acted as Coordinator) 9.8 Crores.
- Study on the mechanism of anti-biofilm and apoptotic activity of some medicinal plant extracts on Candida albicans UP-CST, 9 lakh ( 2012-2015)
- Study on antibiofilm action of gold nanoparticles enhanced photodynamic therapy against S. mutans CSIR, New Delhi worth of Rs 32 Lakh 2013-16
- Designing inhibitors against NDM-1: putative drug candidatyes against MDR bacterial strains “ ICMR, New Delhi, worth of Rs. 39 Lakh (2013-16).
- Design of Inhibitors against metallo-beta-lactamases and their structural studies to map the drug binding sites” DBT, New Delhi, worth of Rs 65 Lakhs (2014-2016).
- DRS-Phase II for the period of 5 years 2014-18, worth of Rs 71 lakh ( Coordinator of the DRS-II)
- DST-FISTII phase for 5 years 2014-2018 worth of 1.4 crore (Coordinator of DST-FIST)